Hi
    How did you find you have corrupt blocks ? Did you have any ORA-1578
errors ? Any alert log messages  for the same ?
    I would first find out which objects exist in that particular corrupted
block (or ) alternatively you could analyze all the objects in the system
tablespace like this.
set pages 0
spool /tmp/exec_as.sql
select 'analyze table '||owner||'.'||table_name||' validate structure
cascade;'
from dba_tables
where tablespace_name='SYSTEM'
/
spool off
spool /tmp/exec_as1.out
@/tmp/exec_as.sql
spool off
spool /tmp/exec_as.sql
select 'analyze cluster '||owner||'.'||cluster_name||' validate structure
cascad
e;'
from dba_clusters
where tablespace_name='SYSTEM'
/
spool off
spool /tmp/exec_as2.out
@/tmp/exec_as.sql
spool off

    If the corrupted object is an index, depending upon what index is
corrupted, you could potentially drop and recreate the index..

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA
i2 technologies   www.i2.com

                    Beatriz

                    Martinez             To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Jimenez              cc:

                    <beamar@cidau        Subject:     No recovery situation

                    t.es>

                    Sent by:

                    root@fatcity.

                    com

                    02/13/01

                    06:30 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hello list,
I know that the answer to my question it´s going to be a negative one,
but I have to try to do all that I can do.
Until yesterday I was doing some attempt with an Oracle installation,
without a backup copy. And, unfortunately, I had to format  my computer
(!!!).
Now I have the data associated with this installation,  I could save the
datafiles (*dbf). The database was in a non archivelog mode, and what is
the worst thing of all, it had some corrupt blocks in the system.dbf
file.
Could I do something with them, or are they totally unworhty?
Could anybody give me an advice?
Maybe it would be easier for me to start from the beginning again....
A lot of thanks,

Author: Beatriz Martinez Jimenez