Thanks for the reply.
Well, the file will has to sit on the client machine.
In a bank where they are doing transaction over the
counters, the system got to know which machine is
which bank counter. So the system reads the file from
the hard disk to find out the counter. So as you might
notice this has to happen without any user
interaction. I thought of keeping the network
addresses against each counter in the database. But it
can't be done because of the IP addresses can change
dynamically.

any ideas would be appreciated
TIA
Alroy

--- Bill Pribyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > >   WE
want to read a file which is in a client

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Alroy=20Mascrenghe?=