Hi guys & gals,

Looking in to the system tablespace I have noticed that in 8.1.6, the SYSTEM
tablespace has a default PCTINCREASE of 50%, BUT OBJ$ has one specified of
0! Now, on 7.3.4 if "my" memory serves me right, this was also set to the
default of 50%.

My problem is that on a database running a number of apps this could, and is
at a customer site, leading to high fragmentation of the OBJ$ table. Does
anybody with an "inside knowledge" know why this has changed on 8i?

Is it a huge NO NO to chance the storage characteristics of this table also?
The customer has done a full database export/import form 7.3.4 > 8.1.6, and
has ended up with pretty bad fragmentation..

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mark

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Leith;Mark
FN:Mark Leith
ORG:Cool Tools UK Ltd;Sales
TITLE:Sales & Marketing
TEL;WORK;VOICE:01905 330 281
TEL;CELL;VOICE:07771 691 122
TEL;WORK;FAX:0870 127 5283
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;9 Turbary Ave,=0D=0ALyppard Kettleby;Worcester;;WR40PS;England
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:9 Turbary Ave,=0D=0ALyppard Kettleby=0D=0AWorcester WR40PS=0D=0AEngland
URL:http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20010118T150512Z
END:VCARD