Forgive me if this a stupid question and unrelated to Oracle but it pulls
data from an Oracle database and i hope one of you scripting gurus can help
me out  ;-)  It's on HP-UX 10.20.

I need to find a way within a script to handle a system generated prompt.
I'm trying to use the REXEC command to run a batch script on an NT machine
from UNIX.  I've got the NT side set up with REXECD.  When I run the REXEC
command from the UNIX prompt, it prompts me for a password (for
authentication on the NT machine I suppose).  How do I script this process
so I do not have to manually type in the password?  Here's the command:

rexec nt_machine -l user e:\\top_dir\\ev00_07\\run\\batch_script.bat

after I run it, it prompts for a password; if I type the NT password in for
the user, it works fine, so the syntax of the command is correct.  I just
want to automate this so I can schedule it instead of typing in the password
manually.

I know I can use RSH instead and not worry about authentication, but the
administrative overhead to get that implemented (security worries, etc)
would carry me through to retirement age.  I'm sure there is a simple way to
do this, but I'm not seeing it.   I try not to bother the list with
questions if I can help it, but I'm stuck on this one and don't want to
throw in the towel.

Thanks!

John Dailey
Consultant