<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 11:55 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I just upgraded my test server from 8.1.6.1.1. to 8.1.6.3.0, then up to
8.1.6.3.1..  You can get 8.1.6.3.1. at
ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/wgt_tech/server/windowsNT/81pat
<ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/wgt_tech/server/windowsNT/81pa
t>
chsets/81631/

I had previously installed a trial version of Savant QDiagnostics, but after

de-installing the thing I am left with a QDBA account that cannot be
deleted.

Drop user qdba cascade hangs whether I do it from DBA Studio, SQL*Plus or
svrmgrl.

I logged a TAR with Oracle, their response was to ask me a dozen questions,
as if they haven't seen this before.

I created a dummy user, created a table, inserted some records into it, then

successfully dropped the table and the user.  So I think this has to do with

either memory shortage on my test machine, or the QDBA user itself.  Perhaps

those "compressed" packages it owns in the database.

Anyway, I had no apparent problems, except now the Oracle Management Server
service refuses to start, it says something like "the environment pointers
have changed".  I haven't logged a TAR regarding that yet, I have to answer
the dozen questions Oracle Support threw at me.

Let me know if you find out anything more, we plan to upgrade to 8.1.6 this
summer and I have to verify that this version is actually stable.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] < mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >