You need to create preferences and specify them in your create index statement.  This is all in the documentation, by the way.  Also, this does not affect your IOT storage parms.  You will have to modify those separately or you will blow maxextents as your index grows.

Here's what mine look like

exec ctxsys.ctx_ddl.create_preference('product_storage','BASIC_STORAGE');

exec ctxsys.ctx_ddl.set_attribute('product_storage','I_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace ctx_idx_a storage (initial 100m next 100m)');

exec ctxsys.ctx_ddl.set_attribute('product_storage','K_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace ctx_idx_a storage (initial 100m next 100m)');

.....  etc .........

And here's how I use it

create index x on q.table(search_string)

indextype is ctxsys.context

parameters (

'lexer product_pref

storage product_storage

datastore product_datastore'

)

/

Lisa Rutland Koivu

Oracle Database Administrator

Qode.com

4850 North State Road 7

Suite G104

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319

V: 954.484.3191, x174

F: 954.484.2933

C: 954.658.5849

http://www.qode.com

"The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com."