Is your Application performance affetced by this. I increased the SGA to
400MB from 80MB and then exceuted a simple count(*) from a table containing
10000 recores. Eariler this was reducing the memory by 3-4% but amazing
this time is was 20-30% in one select.  I am monitoring it via system
information tool available on server.

Regds...

                    SELVAM@zamila

                    c.com                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    Sent by:             cc:

                    selvam@zamila        Subject:     RE: Compaq Server not releasing
Memory
                    c.com

                    03/17/01

                    12:10 PM

Are you  using vmstat -P to check the free memory or system administration
tool (in server)? Similar problem persists for us can anyone give some
direction how to go about it.

Thanks