-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 8:16 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I hate to be picky, but I don't like either of the solutions proposed below.
For the first solution, that means that I would have to have the repeating
values 'SPLT' and 'TYPE' in every row of the DOCTOR table, which is a table
with a lot of rows in it.
For the second solution, I have to have a table that contains every possible
combination of SPLT and TYPE.
Both solutions seem to be wasteful and clumsy. Please don't take this as a
direct criticism of you, but I still don't see how a single code table can
be implemented well using FK relationships.

Author: Mandar Ghosalkar