Hi. I had some problems with getting Intermedia to work after patching
8.1.7. I got a

ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of CTXSYS.CONTEXT
ORA-29835: ODCIGETINTERFACES routine does not return required
interface(s)

When trying to create an index. Searched Metalink, and eventually
found document 1327325 where the workaround is stated to be

spool recompile1.sql
select 'alter package '||owner||'.'||object_name||' compile;'
from dba_objects
where object_type='PACKAGE'
and status='INVALID'
and owner in('ORDSYS','CTXSYS');
spool off;
@recompile1.sql

I applied this, but when I try to create the index now, I get

SQL> CREATE INDEX ccs_search_index
      ON ccs_search(content)
      INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context PARAMETERS('section group
ccs_search_group');  2    3
CREATE INDEX ccs_search_index
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
ORA-00001: unique constraint (CTXSYS.DRC$IDX_COLSPEC) violated
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

It seems to me, that intermedia tries to index into an existing table,
and failes because it has lost track of it's own sequence? I'm just
guessing
here and could really use a few tips to get this thing working. Thanks,

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl         Caput A/S       Tel +45 70 12 24 42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Nygade 6        Fax +45 70 11 24 42
Author: Morten Primdahl