We are running an oracle database 8i, we have several Ms Access
 applications connected by ODBC to this  database. The database is very  complex ,in
total about 300 tables and of course PL/SQL procedures  We also have many different
schemas in this database. But  we have a big problem, when we are quering the
database( a procedure runs) it sometimes take so long time to get the result, almost
one hour, but sometimes it just takes about 20 seconds to get the result. Which means
that this doesnt happen everytime.

What do you suggest that I  should do?

Do we need to split the database?

Is there any problem with the Accessapplication, i mean is it possibility that
MsAccess cant access oracledatabases always when the database is very  big. And that
the reason to  slow access to the database should be in the Access environment?

Please help me with any  suggestions how to solve this.

/Roland Sköldblom