Title: RE: Locally Managed Tablespace Uniform Extent

As usual, Steve Adams has some sage advice on the subject. Check out his article "Planning Extents"
http://www.ixora.com.au (click on Tips then on Planning Extents)
in which he mentions that there are reasons for keeping the number of extents down even in a locally managed tablespace.