I would try to answer your questions by a series of
observations
    1. Only upto 4 ARs could be attached to a L or N
class HPs. Moreover this is possible only if you daisy
chain the 2 ARs which will in turn degrade the
performance .
    2. The Parallel server Option has to be approached
with caution as it needs special application design .
So if you are just looking for "High Availability"
MC SERVICE GUARD is a good option . It is relatively
simple compared to STANDBY DB and easy to implement
and does not involve any 'Recovery' or other
complications . On the other hand MCSG doesn't give
you the option of opening the DB in read only mode
and use it as reporting DB either . SO the decision is
highly application specific .
  Hope this helps .
  Regards,
  RS