-----Original Message-----
Sent: 12 May 2001 00:18
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Raj,

It's new archiving tracing introduced in 8i.  If
you're on 8.1.6 or later you can control the level of
tracing with the LOG_ARCHIVE_TRACE parameter.

See the following docs:

Note 94055.1 "Init.ora Parameter "LOG_ARCHIVE_TRACE"
Reference Note"
Note 104405.1 "ARCH tracefile messages VALIDATE,
PREPARE, INITIALIZE, SPOOL, FINISH"

HTH,

-- Anita

--- Raj Gopalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>