-----Original Message-----
To: Christopher Spence
Sent: 5/20/01 9:58 PM

Hi Christopher,

I am assuming you mean the "create temporary tablespace ..." does not
generate redo activity?

The "create tablespace ... temporary" can be created with a NOLOGGING
option which only applies to certain DDL operations on objects within
that tablespace.

So, how is that different from the "create temporary tablespace ..."?

Christopher Spence wrote:

 Major differenc is a temporary tablespace does not get logged in the
redo
logs, and thus a performance gain on writes.