1.  I would check to see if the buffer busy waits are on the same
file/block.  Perhaps the same object is being hit constantly.  I would also
base my action on the type of block being waited on.

2.  Tuning the redo generation would be a good thing, specially one of that
size.  I would recommend two raid 0 arrays of 3-6 disks each with quick io /
raw devices.  3gb is fine, I have never had to work with a monstrocity of
that, but I have heard 2gb+ redo logs a few times.  That is a constant
800Kb/s second sustained.

3.  What is the block size of this database?

4.  I think possibly problem is not further sizing the sp but avoiding
fragmentation by pinning large procedures and packages at startup.

5.  Do the statements use literals or bind variables.  Are objects being
reloaded because of different syntax or because of invalidations and aging?

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
both are frozen."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot