-----Original Message-----
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Sent: 5/30/01 5:29 PM

We have oracle 8.1.6 installed on our SUN server  .As part of the
upgrade
process to 8.1.7 (we decided to install into a new HOME)- I staged the 2
CD's into one of our free disks (not the existing oracle home) .Now to
run
the Installer - I took the following steps:

cd $ORACLE_HOME ( obviously the existing home 8.1.6)
./runInstaller

This brings up the installer - but when I get to the screen where I need
select the source and the destination for the new oracle home - It
doesn't
allow me to select the NEW staging area or the NEW Oracle Home
destination -
where I want the new software .I cannot even browse to the new source
/destination locations ??

Any  help to figure this out will be appreciated !!

vikas
Author: Vikas Kawatra

Author: Holman, Rodney