Look at v$session_wait. It should tell you what the users are waiting for.. Usually, SQL*NET waits are ignorable..

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA
i2 technologies   www.i2.com

hamid alavi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/06/01 01:58 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Lock Problem

Hi List,

We have an application running on Oracle database
8.0.5 on NT, this application developed for 1500 users
but after 15 connections every thing is locked, they
asked me to have a look and find out what's the
problem.
If any body have any clue which part must check first
and most likley what sort of problem it is, i really
appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

=====
Hamid Alavi
4268 Flintlock LN
Westlake Village 91631
PH: 818-8790966

a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: hamid alavi
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists