Stanford Linear Acclerator Center

Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 10:00 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi,

We have setup a MTS server on our oracle 8.0.5 database. The total number of
 >users is around 800 - 900.
Eventough MTS configuration is working fine, we find around 200+ users
getting connected to the database as DEDICATED users.  According to me If
the server is setup as MTS there should not be any dedicated
connections going on to database.

My question is

Why my connetions to database are going as DEDICATED...?
How  do I make sure that all my connections to server are SHARED and not
DEDICATED.

I have checked my SQLNET.ORA, We do not have use_dedicated_server=on setup
on any of the client machines.

Please let me know if you have any answer for this.

TIA,

Dan

Author: Aravind Tigadi

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.