At a previous company:

1. How did you handle accountability?

        I hate to say it ... but we are professionals on a salaried basis ..
not hourly.  We are expected to work 'x' hours.  If we say we did ... then
they took us at our word.  Those who abused it got found out sooner or
later.

2. How did you handle communication between work and home?

        We turned our home phone number in as a open number.  i.e.  It was
always available to anyone at work and your clients.  This means that if you
have an unlisted number it will probably not do you any good.

3. What were some of the unforeseen problems that you encountered?

        a. The biggest is the ability to get in touch with your employees
when you specifically need them.  Some would do some work ... then get
something done of their own ... then go back to working ...etc.  They were
not always up and avilable at all hours of the day like they are at the
office.
        b. The second was the accountability issue.  There was a time when
we had our "connect time" and CPU usage monitored so that they could tell if
we were doing anything on-line or not.  Our connect software also kept logs
of when we logged in and out.  This got to be a pain in the rear and they
finally started seeing that most of us were indeed logged in and working.
Those that were not got chastised and taken off the program.

4. Were there any specific company benefits?
        a. Space.  They could downsize their office.
        b. Less phone service. They could lease smaller lines and lesser
service.
        c. Less office supplies.  People tended to use what they had at
home.  Although many of us brought a set of supplies home with us when we
started.
        d. Happier workers.  You could do a lot more when you were harder to
get  ahold of.  Plus, you could do things at home or even go up town in
between sessions.  I would normally be 'logged on' from 10 to 12 hours of a
day and get my 8 hours in just fine ...  not all those hours were spent
staring at the screen.  I could take breaks and rest or go up and do things
in town that I could never get done before.

Those are just a few items Mark.   Good luck in your efforts.

Kevin.