From: udaycb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 5:52 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Oracle 9i Install

I did install 9i successfully Y'day on Sun. Here are the steps to Follow as (copied from OTN),

Directions
  1. After downloading the software, gunzip it.
  2. Create directories Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3
  3. cd Disk1
  4. cat <fullpath_to_disk1>.cpio | cpio -icd
This will extract all the files for disk1.
  5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for disk2 and disk3
  6. To run the installer, cd to Disk1 and run runInstaller
Note: I did not try to gunzip as said in step 1. Did steps 2 to 6...
Regards
Uday