Pankaj
        Always try to keep the shmmax value around 80% to 90% of the available physical memory. So your setting for shmmax would be
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=209715200
        You said it failed ? What failed ? Software installation, Database creation ? If your database creation failed, then look under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log directories.

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA
i2 technologies   www.i2.com