Kevin,

I believe the bug to which he was referring is bug
970640 documented in Note: 76670.1 "ALERT:
Transportable Tablespaces can Corrupt Target Database"

This bug is specific to 8.1.5 and is fixed in 8.1.6+

The bug is in the way export creates the dmp file of
the transportable tablespace metadata and does not
always happen.  If you attempt to import an 8.1.5
export file that would cause the corruption into an
8.1.6+ db it will fail with ORA-29336 "Internal error
from DBMS_PLUGTS" thereby preventing the corruption.

HTH,

-- Anita

--- Kevin Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is definitely a bug.  At an IOUGA conference a
> while back I sat thru a
> session where he was talking about all the things to
> do with Transportable
> Tablespaces ..... and at the end of the talk he said
> ........"But dont use
> it unless you are up on the upcoming 8.1.7...  there
> is a bug that can
> destroy your tablespace."
>
> So much for a well spent 30 minutes.

ORA_NLS33=/export/home/oracle/product/8.1.7/ocommon/nls/admin/data

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: A. Bardeen