Ross,

I'm not sure why it is being done. We had an audit of
our systems done by IBM people and that's one of their
recommendations. I think their logic is "you hit ratio
is pretty high - 99% - so you can do with less
memory".
This server is not a dedicated Oracle server, we are
running another application (SAS) on it.

I have been running sar -wpr to get info on paging,
swapping and unused memory. Does this make sense to
you?

thank you

Gene

--- "Mohan, Ross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) use sar on SVR4 systems....vmstat is a BSD thing
> 2) DYNIX rocks
> 3) IMHO yer BUFPCT is too high. If this is a
> dedicated database server ( i.e. no other apps on it
) and you are using ptx's DirectIO ( check with yer
SA,
 or run truss on a shadow ) you really don't need much
more than 10. YMMV, etc.

=====

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Gene Gurevich