     Subject: ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed URGENT!!!!
        Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:09:46 -0800
        From: Helen rwulfjeq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Guru:

We have a window's machine runing oracle database. Originally the
database uses static IP address. Everything is fine. Now we change the
network config to use DHCP server to assign IPaddress dynamically. We
have the error message. Database is up but we can't use svrmgrl, sqlplus
and exp/imp even JDBC. We all get the same error message.

I check the error message which says:

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

Cause: The authentication service failed to retrieve the credentials of
a user.

Action: Enable tracing to determine the exact error.

I would like to guess authentication service has problem since network
config change. We have similar situation before. Change ip address and
keep hostname without any problem

Anyone can point it out what I should do when this happens. What's work
around with authentication service . Thanks. Looking forward to quick
response.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Drake