-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 5:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi,

I have a table with colum defined as date datatype ..for example

create table dd(dd date);

when we insert into this table like :

insert into dd values('04-jul-01');

when we do select as:

select to_char(dd,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from dd;

the result displayed is :

TO_CHAR(DD,'DD-MON-Y

04-JUL-2002 00:00:00

our application requires time to store as 23:59:59 and not as
00:00:00(midnight)....

How can i make a check or apply some rule that whenever someone inserts into

this column time always added as 23:59:59........

Thanks

Harvinder

Author: Yadav, Shailesh