David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA, OCP
AISD
512-414-1002

                    Scott Shafer

                    <sknd100@yaho        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    o.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Tracing Events - Anybody
have a list of the Events?
                    root@fatcity.

                    com

                    07/05/2001

                    11:51 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Look near the end (~70% through) of the
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg/oraus.mesg file (on unix at least) for events.
This is about all I could find.  Anyone else?

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Morning Folks -
>
> Hope those of you in the US had a safe and happy 4th - for those of you
who
> didn't celebrate this particular holiday, hope your day was also safe and
> happy ( every day should be safe and happy!).
>
> I'm trying to set up some tracing for various events/levels.  Not using
> OEM.  In the past (and currently), I've just used:
>           event="10046 trace name context forever,level 4"
>
> This of course provides the requisite information, but really can tell
you
> much more than you want (or need) to know.  The trace levels given on
> Metalink are:
>
>                                                                1 - Enable
standard SQL_TRACE

functionality (Default)