Scary stuff

NFS mounting tablespaces or any other database file that may affect your
integrity is not a great thing to do. NFS is UDP not TCP therefore there is
no checking to see that packets passed from one server to the other
are  ever received. Your database has probably come up with that tablespace
offline as it was unable to locate the .dbf file.
The other possibility is that your SA set up the mount using automount and
as such the filesystem on the Linux system was mounted at the time that you
requested it. You may see something in your Oracle logs and if it couldn't
get the mount then you System log may also show something if all is not
quite as it seems.

Next go to your supplier for your Sun hardware and purchase another disk.
Good luck and the good grace of your god or gods will only save you from
data corruption.

HTH

Peter

Author: Peter McLarty