Hi,

I'm doing a migration from 8.0.6.2 to 8.1.7.1 on HP/UX 11.0.  Because of all
sorts of storage manipulation and other fun stuff, I'm going to be using the
export/import method.

So, everything I've ever read or ever been taught about doing a full
export/import on any database of even smallish sizes (20GB for us) is that
it is much faster to use the INDEXFILE option of imp, then run it's
generated script after the rest of the DB objects have been imp'd.

The problem I'm having is that the generated file contains "CONNECT
<schema>" commands for every schema that has an indexed table.  Does
everybody just gather up all the passwords to all the schemas and manually
insert them into this file to get the damn thing to run?  If the file was
created so that the schema was prefixed to the TABLE instead of the INDEX, I
could have one CONNECT SYSTEM/MANAGER at the start and it would all work
fine.  You can't create an index in schema "B" for a table in schema "A"
anyway, right?

Anyone have any cool workarounds for this in 8.1.7?  A cool
grep/awk/sed/perl script to move the schema prefixes from index to table in
the INDEXFILE-generated script, perhaps?

Trying not to reinvent the wheel on a process that shouldn't be this
difficult....

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA
Author: Jesse, Rich