-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 11:51 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi All

 I had a long PL/SQL prg to run .

 I created a special rollback segment for that script with the storage of
(initial 1 m  next 1m  minextents 2).

 After a few minutes of running I got the "Snapshot too old" error.

 In  the v_$rollstat view I got : extents=2, rssize ~ 2 M, hwmsize ~ 2 M.

I recreated the RBS with minextents 100, at this time my program run
succefully.

My question is why in the first case the RBS didn't growth automatically by
allocating a new extents until maxetents value ?

Thank you

Best Regards
Kamel Benlatreche
Author: GL2Z/ INF  DBA BENLATRECHE