Yes, the lists were down virtually all night (Pacific time).  I had been
doing some work on the server around midnight and maybe an hour after I
called it quits, the server locked up.  Sorry for the span of silence and
the ensuing rush of E-mail that is *still* being sent out.  All should be
well shortly.

Yes, some of you were bounced.  novicedba@hotmail was bounced because
his/her mailbox was too full (over quota) to accept new messages (a problem
with using free E-mail, I know).  You folks using free E-mail services need
to watch to make sure your mailbox doesn't fill up.  On a high traffic list
like this one, it's easy to do, and if you get over quota, ListGuru will
bounce you.  DBarbour was bounced because of transient delivery failures in
getting the mail to your site.  Normally I don't give public reasons for
bounces, but since those two asked in a public forum, I figure they were
fair game. ;-)

Finally, a reminder that there ARE archives at our site.  Go to
http://www.fatcity.com/ListGuru and sign up if you haven't already (it's
free).  You can then browse old archives, search, etc.  The archives are in
a wide-beta, and work is ongoing virtually daily, but you should be able to
mutz around with a minimum of hassle.  Feedback, suggestions, requests for
certain features, criticism, etc., are all welcome and appreciated.

A major new release of the archive site will be made next week.  One of the
cool features you'll see is the ability to find out if there are any
problems
with the list server, which lists are closed, etc.  Stay tuned.

thanks,
bruce

Author: Bruce Bergman