What happens when you join a large parllelized table
with a very small table (contained in just 10 or 12
blocks) the retrieval of rows from the large table
looks up the small table causing buffer busy waits on
the blocks of the small table. Keeping the small table
in keep pool removes the buffer busy waits.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
Author: Johnson Poovathummoottil