Greetings fellow listers,

We are starting to make the changes to sqlnet.ora files, I discovered that we have 9 separate files on one particular.  Most of the file is identical with the only variance appearing to be in the SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME value which ranges from 10 to 300.

I'm thinking that we could have a single file (maybe in /etc/) and create OS links from the various $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora files.  Has anyone tried this or know of any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea?
We also have quite a number of hosts and have a standard tnsnames.ora that we ftp from a master location on a nightly basis and would like to do the same with a standard sqlnet.ora.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stephen Andert