-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 3:26 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

On Thursday 23 August 2001 02:00, Jonathan Lewis wrote:
> A logical volume is not necessarily associated with
> a single disc

I made a painful discovery in that regard one time.

Well into a perl script to display drive/tablespace
mappings, I discovered that the volume for my  TEMP
tablespace had been built from chunks of 156 physical
drives that had a little space left.

( I inherited that )  I gave up on the utility, and
the DW was moving to newer hardware soon, so I left
it the way it was.

It *pays* to educate your SA's, and then keep an eye
on them ever afterwards.  :)

Jared
Author: Jared Still

Author: Kimberly Smith