-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:04 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Guys,
I have an just finished upgrading to 8.1.7 on all my boxes some of which are
Windows2000. I have had no problems with Sun Solaris, HP and Windows NT4.0.
But on Windows2000, every time the box is rebooted the instance does not
come up automatically. However the service shows as running. I checked the
registry to make sure I had ORACLE_SID set right.

I have to manually start the instance every time and its a pain in the 'you
know what'.  If anyone has had this problem and solved it please let me know
the solution.

Thanks,
Uma Mohoni
Consultant, CDI Corporation