Soman, If you are truly scanning 100,000 records then
that could be the problem. There is overhead to do the
PQ. In your case it is probably cheaper to do a
serialized query. Try the same test with 1,000,000 or
2,000,000 records and you will probably see a
difference. I had a similar problem to this in an OPS
environment. I would do a PQ with 500,000 records on
one node and it would take about 10 seconds but the
same PQ across nodes would take 15 seconds. However
when I bumped the number of records to around
2,000,000 the PQ on 1 node would take about 25 seconds
and the PQ across nodes took about 19 seconds. There
is a cost to PQ and you have to find where PQ's start
to outperform the serialized queries. I would try this
before staring complex tuning rituals.

Scott

http://im.yahoo.com
Author: Scott