Sorry. I mis-stated the relationship to the parent in
my original email. Parent_id is always populated
unless the row is a root row.

The data for all rows in my sample tree would be:

ACCOUNT_ID   ROOT_ID   PARENT_ID
5            null      null
6            5         5
7            5         5
8            5         6
9            5         6
10           5         7
11           5         8
12           5         8
13           5         9
14           5         10

-w

--- Jacques Kilchoer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://im.yahoo.com
Author: Walter K