-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 12:31 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Henry,

The event will cause a trace file to be generated for
any session that encounters an ORA-4031.  Is it
possible that it wasn't one of the sessions being
logged that generated the error?  If you look in the
trace file you should see the current SQL being
executed that may give you more info about the session
generating the error.

Also, be aware that there's a bug on 8.1.6.3 where
ORA-4031's can occur attempting to allocate state
objects, often accompanied by heavy latch contention
on the 'cache buffer chains' latch.  This is bug
1640583.  You might want to check with support as
there are PSE's (patchset exceptions) available for
several platforms.

This is not the same as bug 1397603 where ORA-4031's
are also reported when allocating state objects. This
bug is specific to 8.1.7 and the workaround is to set
_db_handles_cached = 0.

HTH,

-- Anita

http://im.yahoo.com