Steve ....

This brings back the good old memories of Apple C Compiler messages ... from
my archive files ...

<start here>
These are some of the error messages produced by Apple's MPW C compiler.
These are all real. (If you must know I was bored one afternoon and
decompiled the String resources for the compiler.) The compiler is 324k in
size so these are just an excerpt I hope. I'm not sure where I stand on the
copyright issue. -Tony Cunningham

* "String literal too long (I let you have 512 characters, that's 3 more
than ANSI said I should)"

* "...And the lord said, 'lo, there shall only be case or default labels
inside a switch statement'"

* "a typedef name was a complete surprise to me at this point in your
program"

* "'Volatile' and 'Register' are not miscible"

* "You can't modify a constant, float upstream, win an argument with the
IRS, or satisfy this compiler"

* "This struct already has a perfectly good definition"

* "type in (cast) must be scalar; ANSI 3.3.4; page 39, lines 10-11 (I know
you don't care, I'm just trying to annoy you)"

* "Can't cast a void type to type void (because the ANSI spec. says so,
that's why)"

* "Huh ?"

* "can't go mucking with a 'void *'"

* "we already did this function"

* "This label is the target of a goto from outside of the block containing
this label AND this block has an automatic variable with an initializer AND
your window wasn't wide enough to read this whole error message"

* "Call me paranoid but finding '/*' inside this comment makes me
suspicious"

* "Too many errors on one line (make fewer)"

*"Symbol table full - fatal heap error; please go buy a RAM upgrade from
your local Apple dealer"

<end here>

TGIF
Raj
Rajendra Jamadagni              MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.