I was going to write a huge message detailing my excellent knowledege of Wordl war II
history, but I cannot argue against someone who accepts that war was not declared, but
insists there was a "declared" war.  We speak a different language.

I respectfully suggest you check on the history of World War II in the Pacific.  There
wasn't much fighting going on.  Lots of capitulation to Japanese demands, some local
resistance, but certainly no war.  I do agree we were preparing for war with Japan
long before Pearl Harbor.

You have redefined MAD.  Abraham Lincoln,  Once asked, "If you call the tail of a dog
a leg, how many legs does it have?"
"Five", someone answered. "No", said Lincoln, "Four.  Calling a leg a tail  doesn't
make it so."   I didn't mean to convey that either you or I suppported massive
retaliation.  I did mean to  convey that "Nuking Half the Third World"  is more inline
with that policy as opposed to MAD as the rest of the world understands it.

I will not answer any other OT posts for a week.  I too am done with this topic as far
as the group is concerned.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center