    From:   Kevin Lange [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent:   Monday, September 24, 2001 1:40 PM
    To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
    Subject:        RE: DBMS_SQL to Create views

    I had originally created the Procedure under SYS after first having PCM$
    granting SELECT explicitly on the tables involved.  I made sure SYS could
    CREATE ANY VIEW .

    On both the DEV and the TEST instances I DIRECTLY granted select on the
    tables to the ID   RRS.

    On the DEV instance RRS can run the procedure and it will create the view.

    On the TEST instance RRS gets the error of Insufficient privileges .

    I thought maybe it was that RRS could not run the DBMS_SQL routines so I
    granted execute directly from sys to RRS on those.   No dice.

    I am STUMPED at this point.

    Kevin