Obsviously you are using NT and probable 8i. In this
case, only with renmark the line:
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS), Oracle will
prompt you to enter a password. That it'll be the one
created with oradim or if you use password file:
orapwd, that one. Therefore, you won't succed if you
enter any character as you are "succeding" now. You
must enter the correct password.

There are several scenarios in Unix that Oracle asks
you for a password. However, the most frequent one is
when you have the sqlnet.authentication_services
without none or without renmark and you didn't install
Advance Security Option. Other one is when you set
TWO_TASK env.

Regards.

--- Nirmal Kumar  Muthu Kumaran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

=====
Eng. Christian Trassens
Senior DBA
Systems Engineer