It is a library cache object deadlock. I've heard of
problems on 8i with refreshing snapshots that could
give you a 4020 error. During a creation of a view,
I've suffered one. Also installing Application 11i,
I've had many. If it occurs frequently, you should
call to Support. During that if it happens to be
always with the same package or code piece, take a
look of the size of the object, their dependencies,
etc....Maybe it is a heavy loaded package or code
piece.... If it is a procedure, try change it into a
package, reduce its size, reduce its dependencies,
etc..... If it occured only once....maybe it was a
grant when many users were using it.....If it is a
view, redefine it.

Well....if you are using Applications and the error
appears frequently...call support too.

Regards.

--- Ramon Estevez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> Scenario 8.1.7 when execute a procedure I get the
> error ORA-04020.
>
> Suggestions ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Ramon E. Estevez