From: Guy Hammond [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 October 01 12:15
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Hot Backup Issue

Hello,

Slightly unrelated question... is it better to (in pseudo code) :

1)

for each tablespace loop
        put tablespace in backup mode
end loop

for each datafile in the database loop
        copy data file
end loop

for each tablespace loop
        put tablespace in normal mode
end loop

or 2)

for each tablespace loop
        put tablespace in backup mode
        for each datafile in this tablespace loop
                copy data file
        end loop
        put tablespace in normal mode
end loop

What I'm doing is (2), but I notice that Rajesh is doing (1). What are
the pros and cons of each approach? (I'll probably use RMAN at some
point, anyway :0) ).

Cheers,

Author: Guy Hammond
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists