Gurus:

This is a question about security, and query-ability.

I have a remote database;  let's call it REMOTE.  I have local
users who want to query REMOTE, but I cannot create additional
users there without incurring undue amounts of heartache (not to
mention heartburn!).

I created a local database called SHADOW.  The SHADOW database has
a DBA-level user who owns a private database link to REMOTE.
SHADOW also has local users defined who wish to query REMOTE.

As DBA in SHADOW, I created a view (as SELECT *) of one of the
tables on REMOTE.  I then created a public synonym to this view,
and granted select to the local user.

No worries.  So far...so good.

Now an admin-level user wants access to a different table
on REMOTE.  So I did the same thing as for the local non-admin
user.  Created a view.  Created a public synonym.  Granted
all to the admin user.  Now, however, the local non-admin
user can see and query the admin's table!  This is not what
I want!

All privileges are granted through ROLES, the local user
gets the 'RO' role, and the admin user gets 'ADM' role.  How
can I stop the local non-admin user from seeing (and updating,
since that view allows updates) the admin's table?

Thanks,
Mike

---
Michael P. Vergara