De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]En nombre de Kevin Lange
Enviado el: Thursday, 25 October, 2001 11:10 AM
Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Asunto: RE: Instance Name in Sql Prompt

Ramon;
  In your startup directory on SQL Plus, you can automatically run a script that will setup the environment like you want it.  Its called LOGIN.SQL.

Here is a copy of mine:

set termout on
set pagesize 0
set echo off
set feedback off
set sqlprompt ''
spool c:\temp.sql
select 'set sqlprompt '''||name||' > '';' from v$database;
spool off
@c:\temp.sql
set pagesize 35
set feedback on
set termout off
What this does is to take the name of the database from v$database and create a temporary SQL file, then runs it.  This will set my prompt to

INSTANCE_NAME >

where INSTANCE_NAME is the name of the database.

For example, if I log onto DEV then the SQLPROMPT will be

DEV >

Hope you can use it.

Kevin

p.s. ...  Remember that  this only works for the initialization of SQL Plus.  If you do a connect inside of your session then the prompt will not change.