Can you use synonyms?

Henry

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 3:12 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I've got 885 triggers with hard-coded fully qualified table names in
DBA_TRIGGERS.  Problem is, the vendor changed the ownership on these
tables, and now I've got 885 invalid triggers.  I'd just like to run my
grand scheme (not to be confused with schema) past you folks,  give you the
chance to realize just what an idiot I am, and offer brilliant alternatives
that'll cause lasting envy, jealousy, and self-pity - mostly because the
suggestions will be simpler, and might actually work.

So much for the introduction.  I thought I'd just go into DBA_TRIGGERS and
run a replace against the trigger_text.  Since trigger_text is a long data
type, I don't believe I can use a straight update ..  set ... replace() in
SQL PLUS.  My plan therefore is to write a quick PL/SQL piece that will
select the long column into a varchar2, do the replace, then update the
long column with the edited varchar2 variable.

Is this a realistic strategy?

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA, OCP
AISD