Stored procedures will most typically be used by an
application that uses the database.  If the
application does not use them explicitly, then there
is most likely implicit use via triggers (ie triggers
call procedure etc)

hth
connor

 --- Ken Janusz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I
received the DDL SQL script (approx. 11,000 lines
> of code) to generate a
> database from our other office in Malaysia.  Along
> with this script I got
> another file with approx. 720 files called stored
> procedures with the suffix
> .PRC, .PKB, .PKS, .FNC. AND .TRG.  When I go to
> generate the DB using the
> DDL SQL script how will these "stored procedure"
> files be used?  Will the
> SQL script call them, or will they be called and
> used after the DB is built?
> Where should these "stored procedure" files be
> stored in the directory
> structure?
>
> The box is W2000 and Oracle is 8.1.7.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Kenneth C. Janusz, CPIM
> Database Conversion Lead
> Sufficient System, Inc.
> Minneapolis, MN
>
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Ken Janusz
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=