-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 12:35
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

We are in the process of reorganizing and reconfiguring of our
disk space in preparation for an Oracle 8.1.6 upgrade in production,
and my sys admin wants to use RAID 5 for the drive on which the
Oracle 8.1.6 software will be installed.  Anyone know of a reason
why RAID 5 would not be OK for the software?  We are on Digital
Tru64 UNIX V4.0G.

Thanks in advance,

Catherine A. LeBlanc
Database Analyst