Title: NLS questions

Hi list,

I have some questions about NLS Parameters.

I have a database created with following NLS parameters:

NLS_LANGUAGE          POLISH
NLS_TERRITORY          POLAND
NLS_CHARACTERSET        EEISO8859P2

My Client (Windows 2000, Polish) uses following NLS_LANG parameter
NLS_LANG=POLISH_POLAND.EEMSWIN1250

With this characterset everything works fine, but if I switch to POLISH_POLAND.EEISO8859P2 the characters are shown incorrect. Why can't I use the same characterset on client as on database. This is important, because I have to implement a terminal server which goes to different oracle databases with different charactersets (WEISO8859P1, EEISO8859P2...). My idea was not to set NLS_LANG on terminal server, so that oracle takes default values from server/database (NLS_LANGUAGE, NLS_TERRITORY and NLS_CHARACTERSET).

Any ideas?

regards

Volker Schoen
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]