Venkat,

The version of 7.1 that you have probably contains SQL*Net v1. In this case,
you will have to set the 7.1 environment and start the V1 listener via
'tcpctl start'. You should also check/set the line 'orasrv 1525/tcp' in the
/etc/services file.

However, the bigger question is this: If you use V1, then where are going to
find the Oracle tool that will suport SQL*Net v1?! AFAIK, Oracle stopped V1
with the last version of Forms3 on the PC, and that was under MS-DOS V6...

The best thing would be to export this data, FTP the import into a 7.3+
database and take it from there.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Kill your killer-commute! Listen to great commercial-free christian music
24x7 (details at www.klove.com)

** The opinions and statements above are entirely my own and not
those of my employer or clients **

Author: John Kanagaraj